The American copy of the Port Arthur icon of the Mother of God is permanently housed at the Hermitage of the Holy Cross. The original historic icon was painted in 1903 on the eve the Russo-Japanese War and sent to the Far East of Russia. Lost after the revolution, the icon was found abroad many years later and brought back to Vladivostok in 1998. It is venerated as the precious treasure of the Orthodox Christians in that area, and a copy is often carried in procession on the coast of the Primorye Region.
Read the full story of the Port Arthur icon,
From Sofrino: a triptych icon fronted with ornate Russian crosses, opening into a wonderful classic icon of the Nativity of the Lord. 10" x 7.5" x 1/4"Main icon 5" x 7.5"
The traditional Deisis (Greek: supplication) icon features an image of Christ enthroned, carrying a book, and surrounded on either side by the Virgin Mary and St. John the Baptist. They are shown facing towards Christ...
St. Seraphim of Sarov was a Russian ascetic and wonderworker who lived at the Sarov Monastery in the 18th century. He is one of the most beloved Orthodox saints...