This convenient pocket size book contains the necessary texts for the celebration of the liturgy of St John Chrysostom by the priest and deacon, interpolated with comprehensive rubrical directions. Texts sung by the choir are also shown. The parallel format gives the Church Slavonic texts on the left page and the English on the right. The book includes the proskomedia, daily and festal dismissals, thanksgiving prayers, petitions for the sick, for travellers, etc. Printed with red and black ink. Includes two ribbons.
Changes in the fourth edition:
1) Font sizes have been increased and made uniform throughout the book.
2) Slavonic text has been thoroughly edited for typographical accuracy and consistency
3) Passages from the psalms in English have been taken from the Psalter for Prayer (Jordanville, NY: 2011)
4) Minor revisions to liturgical translations and rubrics
5) The order of certain commemorations has been revised to match the 2008 directive of the Synod of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia.
Hardcover, 287 pp.
This book contains six talks by Elder Aimilianos of Simonopetra (Mt Athos), focusing on select passages from the Chapters on Love by St Maximos the Confessor. More than a simple commentary, these...
In the early years of his life, Protopresbyter Valery Lukianov, the author of this memorable book, was under the spiritual guidance of St. John (Maximovitch) of Shanghai, who subsequently ordained him to the...
This full-color, 52-page wall calendar is made by Orthodox mothers specifically for Orthodox children and families to use throughout the year, both as a calendar and a springboard for deepening...
The Orthodox Christian experience is infused with beauty. God calls to us through the presence of beautiful things—from the gilded chalice that holds Christ's very Body to the icons of beloved...