The Feodorovskaya Icon of the Mother of God was lost in the 13th century Mongol invasion of Russia, but was miraculously rediscovered by Prince Vasily of Kostroma several months later, while he was hunting in the forest. During Prince Vasily's excursion, St. Theodore Stratelates (in Russian, Feodor Stratilat) was seen by many in Kostroma carrying an icon of the Theotokos, and so his name came to be associated with the icon.
Several centuries later, the first Romanov Tsar Michael was blessed by his mother with a copy of the icon upon his accession to the throne. It thus became the patronal icon of the Romanov family. Today the original icon resides in the Kostroma Theophany Cathedral.
5" x 6.25"
A custom-fitting wooden shrine, called "kiot" in Russian, is also available for this icon. Find it here >>
A variation of the Pantocrator ("Lord over All") image of Christ the Savior. 7.25" x 8.75" A custom-fitting wooden shrine, called "kiot" in Russian, is also available for this icon. Find...
The Kazan icon was discovered on July 8, 1579, in the city of Kazan, after the Theotokos herself revealed its location. The icon was credited with helping Russia to repel...
A variation of the well-known "Lord over All" image of Christ (Greek: Pantocrator). Christ is depicted here as "The Teacher," holding open a passage from the Gospel which reads, "A new...
Features an icon of the Kazan Mother of God, the Saviour Almighty and St. Nicholas in a traditional style. 3" x 8.25" when fully open The same images of...